I was recently given the amazing gift of having my boyfriend Chris fly across the world from his study abroad program in El Salvador to visit me for a week. He traveled for an entire day just to see me and spend time with me, which made me feel incredibly special and loved! Having a whole week together when we've only been able to talk once or twice a week this semester was very surreal. I showed him all around Parma, we ate wonderful Italian meals on relaxed Italian time, and we traveled to Nice, France with 15 other BC students until Easter evening. Chris was a great sport when he unknowingly ordered raw horse (my elementary Italian skills weren't enough to avoid the mistake this time). At least he got to try some great tortelli and gelato!
While Chris was here, he celebrated with me when I found out about my summer internship. A few hours later, he also grieved with me when I got news that a close friend of mine from home passed away. It was such a strangely timed blessing to have him here for that, but I was so grateful for his comfort.
![]() |
| My third grade birthday party |
| My graduation |
I have been learning to love Jesus more and more for who He is, rather than for His blessings. Still, throughout this recent hardship, I'm so overwhelmingly convinced that He is sovereign, loving, and GOOD in all He does. Even if it hurts, He is my Comfort. Through the "good" and the "bad" I, like Job, want to be able to say "blessed be the name of the Lord!"

No comments:
Post a Comment