wedding day? And how much more possible would that feeling be if she got married in a castle? The logistics of having all my loved ones fly to Italy can be figured out later, of course.Just to clarify, I'm not traveling around Italy searching for wedding venues. I actually went to Bardi with my History of Parma class - our last field trip of the semester! The Landi dynasty, who were vassals of the emperor, lived in Bardi Castle until 1682 when it was sold to Ranucci II Farnese. The Farnese Family had an important role in the times of Medieval Parma and lived in my wonderful city for some time.
We were told this is a "real" Medieval castle because it's set on a hill that overlooks the surrounding areas in case enemies approached. Mostly what I remember, though, is that it's beautiful. And you take very windy roads to get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment