Boy, is God with me! Just over a week ago as I was preparing to come on this trip, I prayed that God would make me more dependent upon Him and that He would show me how to do that. Over the past few days, He has revealed to me more of my self-righteousness and how I need to lean on Him as my Rock. Everybody has personal sin struggles they face, often routinely. I have been reminded of a great truth in regards to my own:
"But [Jesus] said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
I am comforted to know that even when I mess up, my God is still abounding in love, grace, and forgiveness. (In this I also hear Him saying, "Go and do likewise"). I am further encouraged to know that my weaknesses - what I am not strong enough in my own willpower to do - point more fully to God's perfection. That's why I can't walk through life without Him! It is through this process of sanctification that I feel His Spirit working most powerfully in me. Glory be to God!
Hey Hannah. Sounds like you are really having a great time there. Hope you continue to enjoy yourself and learn more about yourself as well. I love the comment you made above: "
ReplyDelete"Over the past few days, He has revealed to me more of my self-righteousness and how I need to lean on Him as my Rock. Everybody has personal sin struggles they face, often routinely."
One of the toughest things about growing as a follower of Christ is "seeing" more of your own sin. We're not sinning more, but we are just more aware of these things. As the Holy Spirit reveals this stuff to us we can either despair and hang our heads or we can or we can rest on who we are in Christ. I trust you are seeing that the latter is the higher road.
Enjoy yourself there and I look forward to following you on this blog. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Uncle Dave
Thanks so much, Uncle Dave. Such great encouragement!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Hannah